Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Recyling old pieces

Fashion is always about revisiting old trends. I went through some of my mom's old clothes, and noticed that a lot of the things that were in style back then, are starting to re-emerge today. I thought I'd take some of my mom's favorite denim jackets and vest and style them with a more modern twist.

One of the main criteria that I use to determine whether or not I should purchase an item, is by asking myself "will I wear this piece more than once?" Because I admit, I'm a very impulsive shopper. I'm one of those people who will purchase a clothing item, and it will never see the light of day. These days, though, I'm reducing my impulsiveness by purchasing mainly staple pieces that I know I'll frequently wear.  Things such as denim will never go out of style no matter how many years have passed. It goes to show that denim is such a timeless piece and definitely a wardrobe essential.

-Annie 

Floral Dress from Forever21
Leather handbag from Charming Charlie 
Denim Vest from Mom's Closet
Nude heels from Aldo 
Red sunglasses from random shop in Italy 


No comments:

Post a Comment